Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Venomverse #1 - no spoilers


I recently picked up Venomverse #1 it was an add on from my recent order from Midtown Comics.  I hopefully will have a post about that experience up soon.  I opted for this  Elizabeth Torque Hulk Poison variant.  Just a cool looking cover and hey why not 25%  the cover price!

So I was looking for something quick and easy to read last night and this was on my stack of too be read comics.  Well one of the many many stacks.  The comic takes place after all the events of the Edge of Venomverse and all the other tie-ins, but the best part about the book is that you didn't need to read any of that to enjoy the book.  Which is a nice change, since I hadn't read any lead ups.  Cullen Bunn does a great job with the script. Bringing the reader up to speed and jumping right into the story. 

Honestly I finished the book, sat back, and was pretty satisfied with what I had read.  If my budget wasn't so limited I'm half tempted to chase down issues 2-5, but I'll probably just hold off and see if I can find them in the bargain bin later.

Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of this series... but that's a great looking cover.

    ReplyDelete