Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Evolutionary War Annual Checklist Card


Cross annual events were all the rage for Marvel in the late 80's and early 90's.  I'm not sure if the Evolutionary War was the first of the big cross-overs (I'm too lazy to do the research), but it definitely was the one I remember. I know I own a fair number of these and I also know I'm missing a few, like the Amazing Spider-man which is the first appearance of Speed-Ball.  I tend to keep all the freebie giveaways that comic shops give out.  So I still have my 1988 checklist.  There is one annual missing from the checklist that I always found amusing back in 1988.  Marvel branded the Alf Annual #1 as an Evolutionary War book.  If I remember right there is a very brief interaction with the High Evolutionary to justify it.  I was digging through a binder and found this card, along with a ton of other promo cards, inserts, and sell sheets and I'll be posting them pretty regularly. 

I might have to hunt down all the annuals I'm missing and have a big old Evolutionary War binge read.  






4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much a newbie or novice when it comes to comic books. I was wondering... did Marvel ever publish all of these different issues in one giant graphic novel? And are these issues in chronological order? Or do they happen simultaneously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love the internet. So there is a great website called comic book reading order, https://comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/events/evolutionary-war-reading-order/ . And yes they did a collected hard cover back in 2011, it's way out of print now though.

      Delete
    2. And, don't hold me to this, it looks like Marvel has been pumping out a lot of collected editions from it's big cross over events.

      Delete
  2. That's cool that they made a hard cover. Maybe I'll luck out and find one at the flea market one day.

    ReplyDelete