Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Nothing like a back issue release party!

My local LCS Bosco's up here in Anchorage Alaska recently picked up a sweet vintage Marvel collection.  To celebrate they held an event to show off the key issues.  I ended up getting to the fun just as the auctions were ending, but I was able to snag 3 big issues for  my Iron Man collection. 


All three issues are mid-grade, but look great in hand and have nice tight spines.  They also had a copy of Iron Man #1 one of my holy grails behind #55, both of which will be the biggest cost to me completing the Vol 1 run.  They #1 was a nice mid-grade for $300, but I promised my wife I wouldn't break the bank and I had a Visa gift card that my in-laws had sent me to for my recent birthday, so these all come home with minimal pocket damage.  I'm closing in on have almost all the single digits.  Also finding the first King-Size Special was awesome as I've been looking for one for a while now and that puts me one step closer to completing my Annuals.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Not a fan of Sub-Mariner? Nice pickups. I've been meaning to stop by my local comic book shop to see if they have a few birthday month issues I need and try to support them.

    ReplyDelete