Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

The Mighty Thor Annual #13 (1985)

Every year my LCS, Boscos, has their annual back issue sale.  They have a big events room in their new location and part of it gets sectioned off to house all the boxes for the sale.  It's really a mixed bag of old and new comics.  The first week all issues are $4, which is slightly ridiculous, but you gotta start somewhere.  Every week the price goes down till the last week of August where I think everything is a buck or less.  But the manager's special is where it's at.  You can fill a short box up for $50 or a long box for $60.  And I think the big deal was 3 long boxes for $150 bucks.  That's a lot of comics.  The one long box is a good deal, but if my wife caught me bringing home a full long box I might get shot.  I opted to fill up a short box, much easier to sneak into the man cave undetected.  The whole point is I've got a box cherry picked back issues to share.  So let's start with The Mighty Thor Annual Lucky #13 from 1985.  I have a hard time passing up annuals, especially one's in decent shape.

I was taking a break and decided to pull something out of the short box which I have yet to fully organize into my collection and this Thor Annual popped out at me.  So why not?  I have to say the story is a little lacking, but it gave John Buscema a reason to draw Thor fighting Ulik and Mesphisto.  Basically the story shows just how big of a dick Mesphisto is.  It's a stand alone story that really has no effect on the Marvel Universe in any way.  But considering I paid less than a quarter for it, I won't complain too much.

1 comment:

  1. Great cover art. Much like one card posts... I enjoy a one comic book post. It allows me to soak in and appreciate the great artwork.

    ReplyDelete